PUBLIC HEALTH FINANCE AND ECONOMICS
The budget deficit has impacted your state, and with elections near, legislators are concerned about their public image and are contemplating reducing the public health budget for the state.
You are being asked to prepare a presentation to persuade legislators not to cut public health spending.
– Select a public health program/service that will be impacted by a recently proposed state budget cut.
(Mental Health, New York)
– Prepare a PowerPoint presentation to persuade legislators not to cut public health funding.
– Present the cost/benefit of the public health program/service, the expected impact of the proposed cut, and conclude with an alternative proposal.
1. The presentation should have a 15-20 slides (not including the reference slides). *must have a reference slide
2. Requires reading notes (describing the information) on each slide.
3. Provide supporting information: charts, graphs, and other visuals. (in 1-2 slides)
4. Please make sure to present some State and Local data of the community that will be impacted by the cuts. (in 1-2 slides)
Canady, V. A. (2020, June 19). Mental Health Weekly. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/15567583
Campbell, C. (2020, July). Social capital, social movements and global public health: Fighting for health-enabling contexts in marginalised settings. Retrieved July 14, 2020, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30857750
Heun-Johnson, H., Menchine, M., Goldman, D., & Seabury, S. (2018, January). THE COST OF MENTAL ILLNESS: NEW YORK FACTS AND FIGURES. Retrieved July 14, 2020, from https://healthpolicy.usc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/NY-Facts-and-Figures.pdf
Received by Directors of Office of Mental Health … (n.d.). Retrieved July 14, 2020, from http://omh.ny.gov/omhweb/statistics/2018-rep-payee-report.pdf
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."