Self-Directed Learning Plan (SDLP)
It’s important to develop your professional goals and how you achieve them in this course and your chosen program.
To prepare your SDLP, complete the steps outlined below.
After exploring the course description, course outcomes, and unit themes and outcomes, complete your SDLP for your professional objectives.
What did you expect to learn in this course and what do you expect to learn in your program that will help you achieve your academic and professional goals? You are encouraged to reflect earnestly about how the course content and experience might serve your goals, as well as about what you might proactively do in throughout your program to develop in your target areas.
If you have determined there are additional areas from which you would benefit, or areas you would like to replace, this is a good time to do so. Remember, this is your learning plan, so design it to help you achieve your unique goals.
- Identify your anticipated nursing role.
- List your professional goals (3–5 years from now).
- Identify the Knowledge, Skills, and Accomplishments needed for the advanced nursing role that you have identified above. A minimum of three items should be listed for each of the Knowledge, Skills, and Accomplishments.
- Discuss at least three Strengths to Leverage. Complete steps 1, 2, and 3 of the template for Strengths to Leverage.
- Discuss at least one Area to Develop. Complete steps 1, 2, and 3 of the template for Areas to Develop.
- Write a reflection that discusses what you learned in this course and expect to learn in your program that will help you achieve your academic and professional goals. Provide an evaluation of how your SDLP can provide for lifelong learning. The reflection should be a minimum of 300 words.
You must submit the Unit 10 SDLP Assignment using the SDLP Template. You should not submit a written paper for the Unit 10 SDLP Assignment. If you have references to support your SDLP then you should add a heading References at the end of the SDLP Template and add the references in APA format. You do not need to have a title page for this assignment.
This Assignment will be graded based on evidence of thoughtful development of your SDLP.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition format.
- Please see the Writing Center located in the student portal for assistance with writing, APA, and online communication.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."