Assessment DescriptionMany instructional program models to support English language development exist. Some models are based
Many instructional program models to support English language development exist. Some models are based on educational or political trends. Ultimately, there is no one-size-fits-all solution for addressing the language, literacy, and content area achievement of ELLs. Knowing the various types of models can provide insight into issues to consider when educating ELLs.
Imagine your task force has been charged with providing a recommendation for implementing the most appropriate program model of instruction for ELLs given their context.
After reviewing topic Resources and conducting your own research, create a 10-12 slide digital presentation for school board members on bilingual and English-only instructional program models that concludes in a recommended model for the school district.
Choose from one of the following fictitious school districts as the context for your presentation:
- Arlington School District: 50% Spanish speakers and in a state with policies that require some form of bilingual education
- Burlington School District: 15% ELL; approximately 25 different languages represented; no state policies prescribing a particular model; in a region with limited access to qualified ESL/bilingual specialists
- Clayton School District: 30% ELL; only 3 different languages represented; in a state with policies that requires some form of English-only instruction
- Dayton School District: 40% ELL; the majority are Spanish speakers; less than 1% of the ELLs are non-Spanish speakers; no state policies prescribing a particular model; in a region with access to many qualified ESL/bilingual specialists, including Spanish speakers
Note that it may be beneficial for you to choose the fictitious school district that is most like the ones in the state or area where you teach or plan to teach.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Descriptions of U.S. instructional program models for ELLs, including when each is most appropriate and how the model addresses federal or state policies. Minimally include bilingual models such as dual language and transitional bilingual education, and English-only models, such as structured English immersion, sheltered English instruction, and content-based ESL.
- A brief summary of the selected school district’s ELL-related information and a recommendation for a specific program model with an in-depth rationale of why the program was chosen for the school.
- At least 3-4 considerations to ensure effective implementation of the program model (e.g., staffing/personnel, resources, scheduling).
Support your presentation with 3-5 scholarly resources.
Presenters notes are required for each content slide. Presentation must include a title slide at the beginning, and a reference slide with documentation of resources at the end. The title slide and reference slide are not included in the total number of slides.
Include graphics that are relevant to the content, visually appealing, and use space appropriately.?
While APA Style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."