Write a 1,400- to 1,750-w0rd pap3r in which you analyze potential ethical and legal challenges
Write a 1,400- to 1,750-w0rd pap3r in which you analyze potential ethical and legal challenges that you might encounter in your professional practice. Use well-reasoned arguments that demonstrate critical thought and self-awareness.
Select one of the following types of potential ethical dilemmas as your topic for this assignm3nt:
- You encounter a personal conflict between your own values and the professional code of ethics you are expected to uphold as a counselor.
- The laws in your area conflict with the professional code of ethics you are expected to uphold as a counselor. (If you reside or will be practicing in California, refer to California state law.)
- A new policy at the agency where you practice conflicts with the professional code of ethics you are expected to uphold as a counselor.
- You discover that another counselor has violated an ethical standard.
- Your interpretation of how to practice an ethical standard is different than your supervisors interpretation, leading to a conflict that negatively influences service for your clients.
For your pap3r, you should:
- Describe a fictional scenario of a realistic ethical dilemma that might happen in the context of your future counseling practice.
- Explain the alternative perspectives that are in conflict in your selected dilemma.
- Summarize what the ACA Code of Ethics says regarding the dilemma you selected. Consider how the codes of ethics for NBCC and AMCHA might vary from the ACA.
- Explain any statutes, rules, or guidelines in your state relevant to the dilemma you selected.
- Describe how you might use a decision-making model to analyze this dilemma to make an ethical decision. Include a description of the provisions informing your decision-making process about this dilemma, what those provisions tell you to do, and whether you agree with them.
- Identify the significant legal and ethical issues and processes facing a counselor in this situation.
- Describe the role of a counseling supervisor and their potential involvement with this kind of dilemma.
- Identify risk management strategies and self-evaluation practices for resolving this kind of dilemma.
- Summarize your proposed resolution to this dilemma with suggestions supported by academic research.
Cite a minimum of 5 references that address the identified potential ethical dilemma: 1 from the course textbook, 1 from the ACA Code of Ethics, and at least 3 more from peer-reviewed journals substantially relevant to the assignment topic.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."